Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Whimsical WIP

I'm doing some late-night drawing tonight, as I'm very eager to see my current work-in-progress completed. I thought I would share a shot of this WIP in order to give you an idea of what's to come. And to build some suspense, of course. It's still in the very early -- and I mean very early -- stages, but here it is nonetheless:

"The Fauna and the Fairy Ring" WIP
This piece, which once completed will be called "The Fauna and the Fairy Ring", is a bit different from what I've been creating lately. However, I do still consider it to be part of my animal nursery art series. What's more, I plan on making other pieces in the series with this type of animal-centric yet whimsical subject matter.

For whatever reason, my approach for this particular piece has been a bit different than my norm. I typically -- as in essentially always -- do a complete pencil outline of the entire piece before even breaking out my pens. However, with this piece I felt compelled to bring out my pens earlier than usual. In this case, I've been sketching each individual component with pencil and then immediately going over it with pen before moving on to the next section of the piece. That's certainly not a life-shattering change by any means, but it is definitely a change in pace for me personally. I guess I'm just so excited to see this particular pen drawing finished.

If I don't finish this piece tonight I will likely finish it tomorrow. I will post the completed piece for you to see then, and I will upload it to my Redbubble and Society6 web stores.

Good night!

Sincerely,
MissAdventureArt

No comments:

Post a Comment