Monday, September 15, 2014

This and That

While I work on the next piece in my animal nursery art series, I figured I'd dedicate a post to a couple of somewhat older pieces I haven't shared here yet.

I'll start with this:

"Friends with the Monster"
I call the above piece "Friends with the Monster", as its subject is a little girl smiling down on the monster beneath her bed. Although I am not generally a fan of rap or pop music, this particular piece was at least in part influenced by Eminem and Rihanna's song "The Monster", especially the lyrics, "I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed". Of course, my fondness for all things spooky and eerie also heavily influenced this piece.

And here's another piece I created awhile back:

"Canary in a Coal Mine"
I have a perhaps undue fondness for idioms, one of my favorite being the one referring to a canary in a coal mine. I did take some more or less scientific liberties in illustrating this idiom, but this was the image I wanted to portray, for a variety of reasons.

Until next time!

Sincerely,
MissAdventureArt

No comments:

Post a Comment