Thursday, September 18, 2014

Puppy Dog Eyes

Another favorite animal of mine is the dog. I have one of my own, and she is a mixed breed likely containing some Labrador Retriever genes. That being said, here is my latest animal nursery art:

"Randall the Retriever"
As the caption says, that is "Randall the Retriever". My intention was for him to be a Yellow Lab, but as I created him I realized he could also pass for a Golden Retriever if so desired by the viewer. Now, I'll be honest and admit that I was not all that pleased with this piece when I first finished it. Something about it just didn't seem right to me. However, it is starting to grow on me, and I hope it can brighten some child's -- or dog-loving adult's -- day.

Now I have a couple of more or less "announcements". First, I will go back and edit the actual post on my calico cat drawing, but I'll first let you know here that I have decided to change my calico cat drawing's name. I first named her "Calico Carla" but was not sure I liked that name. It turns out I really don't like it, and I am renaming her "Calico Clarice".

As for a second announcement, in addition to my animal nursery art I will in the near future be starting another nursery art series that does not star animals. I won't give away just yet what the subjects of this new series will be, but I will show you soon enough. Why all the nursery art, you might ask? It seems a lot of people I know lately are bringing a plethora of little ones into this world. That being said, babies and children -- and of course us adults too -- need bright and happy things to look at, and I enjoy creating such things. So there you have it.

Sincerely,
MissAdventureArt

No comments:

Post a Comment