Thursday, September 11, 2014

Little Ball of Fur

I've completed the second piece in my children's nursery art series of animals. This new piece is inspired by one of my absolute favorite animals.

I am currently calling her "Calico Carla". This name may or may not stick.
As I indicated above, one of my favorite animals is the cat. I've had cats almost all my life. In fact, one of the cats I currently have has been with me since I was a child. She is 21 years old, and she is a calico. I guess that would explain "Calico Carla".

EDIT: "Calico Carla" has been renamed "Calico Clarice".

I'm really enjoying creating this animal art, especially with a young audience in mind. As an animal-adoring child I was constantly drawing animals. Now, so many years later, it's a treat to go back to this in such a fun and refreshing manner.

I've already started the next piece in this series. I won't yet come out and tell you which animal is the subject of this next piece, but to give you an indication I will inform you that, as it stands, his name is Ferdinand.

I hope you like my little animal kingdom thus far!

Sincerely,
MissAdventureArt

No comments:

Post a Comment