Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Fantasy Garden

I wish I had a green thumb. But, alas, I do not.

Growing up, my childhood backyard was always filled to the brim with my father's garden. I always loved knowing the names of each plant, and of course I especially enjoyed memorizing the names that were especially fun and fantastical.

I would never be foolish enough to think that I myself could succeed at maintaining a garden. However, lucky for me, my father still gardens. And I can still pick out the plants with those fun and fantastical names.

Since I and my greenless thumb will likely never grow a real garden, I decided to create my own fantasy garden with my beloved pens and pencils. The following are the specimens I have created thus far.

This one is titled "Bleeding Hearts", based on the bleeding heart plant.

This is "Snap Dragon", inspired by the snapdragon plant.

This one is "Tiger Lily", after the tiger lily plant.

This is "Queen Anne's Lace", based on the Queen Anne's Lace plant.

In the future I plan on making more pieces for this Fantasy Garden series if mine. In the meantime, though, I hope you enjoy these!

Sincerely,
MissAdventureArt

No comments:

Post a Comment