Friday, September 5, 2014

Hello and welcome!

I am a lifelong fan of art, both viewing that of others and creating my own.

I've always loved drawing, but it was roughly around my freshman year of high school when I really started practicing it more seriously. Both in art classes and in my own time I started honing my skills using graphite pencils, and for quite some time that was almost exclusively all I used. More recently I discovered my fondness for drawing with pen and ink. There's just something special about bringing the images in my mind to life as colorful illustrations.

That all being said, in this first post I'll give you a snapshot of the tools in my art armory:


My art armory consists mainly of my sketchbooks, pens, graphite pencils, my trusty pencil sharpener, a ruler, stumps and tortillons for blending graphite pencil, and index cards for my random doodles and sketches. The last item you'll see in the picture, on the very bottom of the pile, is a large clipboard that also serves as a lap tray. This last item may not seem like much, but my grandmother gave it to me a couple years ago, and now I don't know how I made do without it for all those years.

I also enjoy a variety of other arts and crafts. Sometimes inspiration for experimental, hodgepodge art comes to me. I'll often see random objects and try to think of ways to upcycle them, ways to create art with and on things that might not otherwise be considered artistic media or canvas.

I'll wait until the next post to share one of my drawings. Just think of it as building suspense. Waiting with bated breath. A cliffhanger. Don't worry, though, I won't keep you waiting for long.

So, my love for drawing and illustrating and all things art is at the heart of this blog. Here I'll share my artistic endeavors. Feel free to join in on the journey.

Sincerely,
MissAdventureArt

No comments:

Post a Comment