Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hang the Moon

I finally finished my latest piece of animal nursery art! Here it is:

"Hang the Moon" (tentative title)
I had a lot of fun with this whimsical feline piece. I love cats, and I also enjoy all things whimsical. So this piece was a great combo for me.

The night sky background took me a good chunk of time to finish. That is in large part my own fault, as I prefer to use fine pens, even when filling in large areas; therefore, such large areas can take me awhile to complete.

Now, do you want to know a little fun fact about me? As a young child, my first two cats were a sister and brother, a calico girl and black and white boy. They were the inspiration for the two little kitties hanging the moon and stars in this piece. And do you want another fun fact? Although the sweet black and white boy passed away years ago, I still have the calico girl cat that I acquired as a child. She is 21 years old.

This piece will be available in my Redbubble and Society 6 shops tomorrow morning, so if you like it check it out there! And be sure to stay tuned to find out when it is available in my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment