Thursday, October 9, 2014

Furry Heroes

After a recent discussion with my sister (one of my fellow geeks), I decided to have a little extra fun and create some pen and ink drawings starring little furry animals as superheroes. These will likely be very similar to my animal nursery art pieces, except the animals will be serving as superheroes.

First up in my fun animal superhero series:

Puppy Dog America
I have not yet decided exactly how or what to title this piece, but I am tentatively calling it "Puppy Dog America". As you can see, this puppy was inspired by Marvel Comics' Captain America. And, this furry little hero is already available in my Redbubble and Society6 shops!

I'll admit that although I love reading books, I am not really a fan of reading comics. However, I am indeed quite fond of the concept of superheroes. What's more, I am a huge fan of the new The Avengers movie franchise. That being said, my first couple pieces in this animal superhero series will portray animals as members of the Avengers team.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment