Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Christmas is in the air again.

I was able to mainly stay on schedule today and more or less complete the Christmas drawing I've been working on. Now, here's where I'm going to be brutally honest with both you and myself. I might be doing some touch-ups on this piece, as there are a number of areas that I'm quite honestly just not satisfied with. With this piece I wanted to go for a sort of stylized, old-fashioned feel. The result pleased me in some regards, but not so much in others.

That all being said, here are a couple of images of my first Christmas drawing of the season
As noted in my previous post, this piece was inspired by my local church and its Christmas trees.
In this one I cropped the original image so as to focus more on the tree.
Since I already told you that I'm going to be brutally honest, I'll admit that although I did often enjoy the process of creating this piece, there were some frustrations while creating it and I am not 100% satisfied with it. One of my frustrations involved pens running out of ink in the middle of filling in both the red doors and the grey stone. Dry pens = one of an artist's worst nightmares!

I'll admit, by the end of this piece I was craving an animal drawing. So, I've already started my next animal nursery art piece. And of course I have dozens of other furry critters floating around in my head, waiting to be created. In fact, a couple of those pieces patiently awaiting their creation are animal-centric Christmas drawings. Needless to say, I can't wait to start work on those!

No comments:

Post a Comment