Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Christmas is in the air.

I've started working on some of my Christmas pieces for this year, some of which I plan on making into Christmas cards. This one is a work-in-progress I'm creating for my local church's craft and art fair that will take place at the end of this month:


This piece is inspired by the beautiful appearance of my local church and the Christmas trees that are set up there during the Christmas season. The lights on the church's Christmas trees are meant to make them shine like candles -- from bottom to top, the lights gradate from white, to yellow, to orange.

As you've probably noticed from my other pieces, my favorite subjects to draw are animals. This particular Christmas piece strays from that, but I am enjoying working on it, even if I feel as if I can't truly do justice to the real deal.

If I can manage to stay on schedule I will finish this piece tomorrow and will share the final result then.

No comments:

Post a Comment