Saturday, February 28, 2015

WIP: Experimental Fun

I've been branching out more than usual lately and taking on some new techniques and projects. A lot of these new undertakings of mine revolve around mixed media art, which I've come to really enjoy. Although I prefer to keep my mixed media art relatively simple, I've found that it allows me to incorporate a little of everything I love doing. It doesn't get much better than that!

My latest project is something I'm creating for my sister (in other words, I'm using her as a guinea pig for a new series I'll be starting soon). This piece is still in the works, and I'm more or less experimenting as I go, which I find is a great way to learn new things and to get my creative juices flowing. Here are a couple of shots to show you what I've been up to with this piece today:
I finished drawing the background of this piece last night. The next step was to adhere the little pieces of the quasi-collage portion of it.
Mission accomplished!
This piece is not yet complete. I have some definite plans for it yet, as well as some potential experimentation to put it through. I love creating little mini drawings to incorporate into pieces such as this. I also like to collect pretty Kleenex boxes, magazine clippings, and mailings and use the pictures and designs they offer in my little quasi-collages such as this one. Fun!

I hope all you bloggers out there are having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment