Sunday, February 8, 2015

Failed Attempt

After a weekend without internet and a date today with the internet provider technician, I finally completed a new card in my InspirACEOns series and was very excited to post it. However, upon completion I noticed an error in it -- a small error, but I'll admit that when it comes to my artwork I am a bit of a perfectionist, and so this small error is bothering me more than it probably should.

Here is the ACEO card in question:
This InspirACEOn card reads: All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. -J.R.R. Tolkien
I am one of Tolkien's biggest fans, and the quote I chose to illustrate is one of my favorites from his The Lord of the Rings trilogy. However, the version I ended up scrawling as seen above is instead the one from the movie based off of Tolkien's books. The version of the quote from the book, the version I intended to use, reads: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." The movie version, though, as I erroneously wrote on my ACEO cards, says "given to us" at the end of it. I know, I know, it's a miniscule error involving one miniscule little word. However, in my unfortunate perfectionist's mind this means that I did not truly quote Tolkien.

I'll probably end up recreating this InspirACEOns piece in the very near future, to appease my mind. I'll put that correct version in my Etsy shop as soon as it's finished.

Have a good night, bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment