Sunday, February 22, 2015

More Mixed Media Mania

I'm having a blast with my newfound love of mixed media art. Thus far I've kept my mixed media art simple, and I personally like it that way. I like to choose some magazine clippings, select and arrange a quote that I believe matches the clippings, do a little original drawing to tie it all together, and then Mod Podge it all together. This allows me to do a little bit of just about everything I like doing best, all to one common artistic end.

I've got plenty of these mixed media pieces in the works, but for now I'll just share some shots of the one I've most recently completed:
I'm calling this one "Dance in the Rain".
For this piece I used one of my favorite quotes: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." I tore the edges of the paper to age it a bit, and then I splattered the strips with dilute blue food dye for a cloudy, rainy effect. (A little fact about me: I used food dye because, quite honestly, I do not currently own any paint. Although I wish this were not the case, I have never personally found much joy in painting.)
I used my favorite art pens to draw this colorful little girl wearing her rain coat and rain boots and holding an umbrella.
I am far from perfect in creating this mixed media art. But, that's one of the great things about art -- since it's not possible for any one artist or technique to be the same as another, there really is no such thing as "perfect" art.

In other news, I hope to finish my last two My Furry Family pieces soon. I also have some more InspirACEOns in the planning stages, as well as tons of other pieces and projects I hope to get to soon. As usual, I'll share them as I make progress with them.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment