Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Furry Family: The Queen

I'm working on a new series of drawing that I'm calling My Furry Family. As the title suggests, this series of drawings will be an illustrated record of the four-legged furballs in my life. I love animals, as I'm sure you've gathered from the artwork I post on this blog. There are a number of animals in my life, so this series will not be a short one.

The first furry family member I've drawn is my oldest, dear cat. She is a beautiful calico, and she is 21 years old. I have had her since I was a very young child. She has earned the status of more or less royalty in this family, and she reigns over not only the other animals but us humans as well.
The Queen
I was compelled to create more than one version of my old girl, primarily because, due to a medical emergency, she recently underwent surgery and now has a different appearance.
The Pirate Queen
One-eyed and adorable.
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment