Thursday, January 22, 2015

InspirACEOns

I have started on another new artistic endeavor, amongst all of my others I have in the works. I've had some ACEO cards sitting around just collecting dust for quite some time now, and for this new project I decided to put them to use. In short, my new art project involves creating inspirational ACEO cards, or what I like to call InspirACEOns.

I have thus far created two pieces in my InspirACEOns series.
For this one, as you can see, I just drew a miniature version of another piece that I recently shared. I think I like this miniature drawing better. "When you have a dream, you've got to grab it and never let go." -Carol Burnett
"Courage, dear heart." -C.S. Lewis
I already have a more or less tome's worth of quotes that I would like to illustrate, so this will certainly be a large, continual series. What I really like about these particular pieces is that they are not only fun but also relatively quick to create. ACEO cards are 2.5" x 3.5", so it doesn't take long to fill this canvas. And since I apparently enjoy having a multitude of projects started at once, it's nice to have pieces that I can have fun drawing in just one sitting.

I anticipate that most if not all of these will be pen drawings. What's more, I plan on selling the originals of these InspirACEOns in my Etsy shop. So stay tuned for news on their arrival in my shop!

Have a wonderful day, bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment