Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Furry Family: Pet my belly. I dare you.

The second piece in my My Furry Family series is complete! This one is based on my almost 2-year-old orange tabby boy. He is a rescue, and he has quite a back story. The short version is that, at the age of roughly six weeks, he was dumped at the front door of the veterinary clinic where I used to work. Accompanying him was a note saying that he had been a barn cat, but a coyote had broken into the barn and killed his mother and litter mates. He survived the attack, but as a result of it he no longer has the use of his hind legs, and he developed scoliosis.

This special kitty of mine can be such a sweet boy, and he loves to cuddle and to be held. But, he can also be quite feisty when he wants to be. Petting his belly is risky business.

"Pet my belly. I dare you."
I'm trying to instill at least some of my four-legged furballs' unique characteristics into these drawings. For this one, I tried to capture one of my boy's typical adorably smug expressions, as well as his scoliosis and the usual posture of his paralyzed hind legs.

I've been wanting to create drawings of my animals for a long time now, so I'm glad to finally be getting around to it. I hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment