Monday, December 29, 2014

Trying new things.

Over the past few months I have managed to stumble upon numerous examples of artists using Post-it notes to create amazing pieces of art. Not only does that sound and look like a lot of fun, but I also want to continue growing as an artist by trying new things. Therefore, I have decided to try my hand at creating Post-it art.

I created my first piece of Post-it art this evening. This first attempt did not, admittedly, turn out as I really wanted it to. Nevertheless, it was a lot of fun and I plan on practicing by creating more pieces of Post-it art (as in, I already have a number of other ideas that I would gladly start now, if it wasn't for the fact that I should probably get some shut-eye).

Here is my first piece of Post-it art, for which I decided to use Post-its for both the canvas and the media:
I am tentatively calling this Post-it piece "The Way of Wizards".
Let me take this time to apologize for the poor lighting of the photo. As usual, my photo shoot took place after dark and I therefore lacked any decent, natural lighting. I'll try to get a better picture during the daytime soon.

As the title suggests, the above piece is intended to portray a wizard wielding his magical wand amidst a starry sky. I love all things whimsical and fantastical. I also love all things animal, so, unsurprisingly, a lot of my future ideas for Post-it art involves animals. I would have started with one of those animal ideas, but to be honest I did not want to butcher any animals in my first attempt at Post-it art.

I hope to complete at least one more piece of Post-it art tomorrow. I'll post pictures of my new Post-it pieces as I complete them. I'm also working on another pencil piece (another furry animal of course), and I'll post either a WIP or final shot soon. I'll also soon post some pictures of last week's now completed entries in my sketchbook scrapbook journal, as well as a sneak peek of this week's entries.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment