Thursday, December 25, 2014

A sketchbook scrapbook Christmas.

I've decided to start keeping a sort of sketchbook scrapbook journal. I was inspired to do this for a number of reasons, but one especial inspiration was Jenny's Sketchbook. I just happened to stumble upon that brilliant blog of Jennifer Frith's not long ago, and I've been wholly intrigued by the concept of a sketchbook journal ever since.

I've always loved keeping journals and maintaining some semblance of records of my daily endeavors. And although I've never actually managed to keep one before, I've also always been interested in the idea of scrapbooking. And then of course there's the fact that I love to draw. All of this together led me to the conclusion that I will start keeping what I'm so far calling my sketchbook scrapbook journal.

I am not currently using an actual sketchbook for this journal of mine. I'm using an actual journal, a beautiful book that an old friend gave me some time ago. Up until now this beautiful journal had simply sat on my bookshelf, empty, with an undetermined use. But now I have found the perfect use for it, and I'm very excited about that.

That all being said, I chose this festive, fun week to begin my sketchbook scrapbook journal. So, here is a sneak peak of my first week's entries thus far:


I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment