Thursday, June 4, 2015

ICAD #2

If you read my other blog, Trash to Treasures Art, you know that I am partaking in the 2015 ICAD (Index Card a Day) challenge for the first time this year. It started on Monday, June 1st, and I've so far managed to get a card done all of the first three days. The first day was more of a mixed media piece, so I posted it to my other blog (if you want to visit my mixed media art blog to see and read about my first index card, just click on that handy tab at the top of this blog). For the second day, I used the prompt given on the Daisy Yellow ICAD Challenge blog, and that was carnival.

After a relatively lengthy staring contest with a blank index card, an idea finally began to form in my mind. This was the result:
Welcome to the Critters' Carnival of Steampunk Fun!
It was nice to just sit down and draw for that one. I had a ton of fun with it.

I also used the prompt for the third day, yesterday, and that was to draw a map. This one was also more or less based on my drawing, but also a bit of other media. So, I'll post it here as well as on my other blog as soon as I get a decent picture of it.

If you aren't already, I recommend you give the ICAD challenge a try! It's fun fun fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment